Stay cool this summer and prevent hot flashes and night sweats with bioidentical hormones in Portsmouth!
Portsmouth is such a picturesque city during the summer. It’s time to enjoy the breathtaking mountains, gorgeous lakes, and thriving beaches. Women in the perimenopausal and menopausal stages can experience hot flashes, especially when the temperatures are rising. We’re probably going to have the hottest summer ever in 2022!
Before menopause and during menopause, a woman’s body undergoes many changes.
You can probably blame your hormones for those hot and cold temperature fluctuations you’re feeling. As a result, you may sweat one minute and shiver the next.
Bioidentical hormones can help alleviate hot flashes and night sweats, especially in menopausal women. If you’re in the Portsmouth area, Thrive Med Spa & Wellness can help you!
Restore your hormone balance and keep cool from hot flashes and night sweats with bioidentical hormone therapy in Portsmouth.
What Are Hot Flashes?
Hot flashes are intense waves of body heat experienced by the upper body, usually around the face, neck, and chest. When you have a hot flash, you may notice that your skin appears red, as if you’re blushing. A hot flash may also cause you to sweat, especially at night.
Learn More Here: The Top 5 Supplements To Take with Bioidentical Hormone Therapy in Portsmouth, NH
Approximately 75% of women experience hot flashes, which usually begin before a woman’s last period. Most women experience hot flashes for two years or less, while others experience them for many years.
Reduce Hot Flashes and Night Sweats This Summer
There’s nothing we can do about the rising temperature this summer. However, there are still ways we can follow to keep cool.
- Wear cool clothes – Choosing lightweight, breathable fabrics made with natural fibers is essential whenever possible if you’re dealing with hot flashes and night sweats. Choose cotton, linen, light, breathable wool over synthetic materials, polyester, or silk, since they won’t create or trap heat.
Wear loose, flowy tops, bottoms, and dresses this summer. If you experience hot flashes and sweats, loose clothing can also help you conceal any wetness. Even in the summer, wearing layers of light clothing is recommended, so you can adjust how much coverage your clothing provides as your temperature changes.
- Keep your bedroom cool – Check what materials your bedding is made of. Choose bed linens made of cotton, bamboo, and eucalyptus; these are lightweight materials and can help you stay cool. Bamboo sheets are also known to regulate temperature better than cotton sheets, so you may want to consider these.
You can find cooling gels in mattress pads and pillows to help ease night sweats. If you get cold, keep a thin cotton blanket and a thicker comforter, and keep the air conditioner on.
- Stay hydrated this summer – Drinking ice water when you feel a hot flash coming on is also a great way to lower your body temperature and cool yourself from the inside. Stay hydrated with ice water, fruit juices, and coconut water throughout these warm summer days. Doing so will replenish any fluids you lose when you sweat.
- Avoid trigger foods and drinks – Aside from menopause, there are other triggers of hot flashes and night sweats. Spicy food, hot drinks, caffeine, and alcoholic beverages usually trigger or worsen hot flashes. When you consume spicy food and alcoholic drinks, your blood vessels dilate and increase your heart rate, causing you to experience hot flashes.
Cool down with cool foods. Choose cold soups, refreshing salads, and fruits. These can help you stay hydrated and refreshed during hot summer days in Portsmouth.
- Stop smoking – Several studies have suggested that smoking may cause hot flashes because it alters your hormones. Moreover, even if you only get minimal relief from hot flashes, it’s bad for so many aspects of your health that giving up is worth it.
- Visit a hormone specialist for bioidentical hormone therapy – Treatment with bioidentical hormones may be an option for some women whose hot flashes are debilitating and significantly affect the quality of their life. A medical center in Portsmouth offers the use of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy!
Using bioidentical hormone therapy reduces signs and symptoms of hormone imbalance, particularly in older women, without the risks associated with traditional hormone therapy.
Bioidentical hormones of estrogen help balance estrogen levels in the body, reducing the incidence and severity of hot flashes and night sweats.
Regain your natural balance and improve your quality of life with the amount of bioidentical hormones you need.
Bioidentical Hormones and Hot Flashes
Changes in estrogen levels and the hypothalamus cause hot flashes, as the brain makes the body think it’s too hot. Your body’s response is cooling: more blood is diverted to your skin (resulting in the characteristic redness), and your sweat glands begin working overtime.
Bioidentical hormones mimic your body’s natural process of creating those hormones. Here at Portsmouth, we offer bioidentical hormone replacement therapy to alleviate symptoms of age-related hormone decline, such as hot flashes, night sweats, bone loss, and low libido.
The therapy we provide at Thrive Med Spa & Wellness is tailored to meet the individual needs of each patient using bioidentical hormones. Our hormone doctors can develop a bioidentical hormone therapy plan tailored to your needs based on the information we have about you.
Reduce Hot Flashes and Night Sweats During a Portsmouth Summer
Thrive Med Spa & Wellness in Portsmouth, NH is an integrative aesthetic and wellness center dedicated to optimizing health by focusing on the root cause of your symptoms and anti-aging services that target restoring youth and vitality. We provide the use of bioidentical hormones to help alleviate signs and symptoms associated with menopause, including hot flashes and night sweats.
For more information on bioidentical hormone therapy, contact our specialists in Portsmouth today at (603) 496-8802.